International Advisory, Products and Systems (i-APS) is a consulting firm that helps organizations measure, adapt and deliver through a proven, people-first approach. A U.S.-based, minority and woman-owned business, i-APS leverages global expertise with local presence to transform organizations and communities into partners for change.
The project sought to help Area 4 to “build back better” through improved shelter and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) facilities complemented by integrated Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Protection mechanisms.
i-APS is recruiting for a Chief of Party for the five-year Yemen Continuous Learning and Evaluation program (YCLE). The YCLE program intends to provide a wide range of services to USAID to enable the USAID Yemen to effectively monitor program performance and operational context, evaluate the performance and results of the current/future USAID Yemen programs, and to learn and adapt for improved effectiveness.
The YCLE COP leads the implementation teams based in Sana’a and Aden including planning, management and technical oversight to the project field team, ensuring efficiency and performance quality for all tasks and deliverables including responsive, quality reports, contract oversight, and staff management. The COP is also responsible for building effective working relationships with the USAID and IPs.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide the vision and overall leadership to the YCLE team
- Manage and supervise YCLE team, resources, and technical assistance to ensure on-time, responsive and quality deliverables
- Provide quality assurance and responsiveness to MEL tasks including design, data collection, analysis, reporting, and capacity building of IPs
- Maintain overall responsibility for ensuring that all work provided is technically sound and appropriate for the requirements of the contract.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with USAID with regard to day-to-day activity strategy, implementation and management.
- Prepare and Mange proposed implementation plans and schedule of deliverables
- Facilitate development of evaluation, monitoring, data collection, and capacity building plans with USAID and IPs
- Foster a collaborative work environment that is centered on problem solving in a complex environment
- Maintain and oversee implementation of security plans for YCLE team and field data teams
- Develop and manage duty of care plans for YCLE team and staff
- Travel required 25% of time to establish and maintain client relationships (at the regional level), report on deliverables and to perform the essential duties of the position
Required Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree in social sciences, business management, international development, economics, political science, public administration or related field required
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible management experience is required, including experience with USAID funded M&E projects
- 7 years of experience conducting monitoring, evaluations and/or assessments in developing countries
- At least 7 years of experience leading project management teams
- Must have appropriate technical knowledge of M&E and preferred experience in technical development sectors
- Oral and written fluency in English required. Arabic working knowledge also preferred
- A proven ability to successfully lead an intercultural team in a conflict-affected environment
- Willingness to live and/or travel to conflict-affected, hardship environments
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Previous experience serving as a COP on a USAID MEL program in a complex operating environment
- Familiarity with USAID’s objectives, approaches and operations, particularly related to MEL, is a plus
How to Apply:
If you are interested and qualified, please send your resume to email@example.com by January 31, 2020